Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm glad to be back to the weekdays, where my eating habits follow some sort of a schedule. I had a normal breakfast of honey nut squares and milk, plus orange juice; for lunch I had macaroni and cheese (one serving only!) and water to drink, plus a bunch of cucumber -- I lost count of how many slices because the kids kept swiping them. I had a mid-afternoon snack of half a bagel (no cream cheese -- just a teensy bit of margarine) and a banana. For dinner I had taco soup and tortilla chips, and I allowed myself a thin slice of cake along with my milk. This doesn't sound like a lot of calories to me, considering that I'm nursing -- hmmm. I'll have to look into that.

Daniel and I went to the gym tonight and did a Body Pump class -- it's a class of mostly weight lifting, but it's to music so you have to keep moving. Not really aerobic, because you have to stop and change weights a lot, but definitely a challenge, and the gym touts it as the fastest way to get in shape. I didn't really like it that much -- the weights felt good, but I thought I got a better overall workout from the cycling. I took it easy on the weights, doing the lightest load possible, and though much of the time it seemed too easy, I think in the long run anything higher would have killed my muscles. The class was also very crowded -- if we're going to continue with this class we may need to find a different time.

Tomorrow is weigh-in! I hope it won't be bad news!

No comments: