Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My weigh-in

I was 156 even this morning (153 still on the old scale) so I have no idea if I've lost weight, what my starting weight was, or anything. Should I modify my starting weight or just chuck it all out the window (including the old scale) and start over? The 156 is down from the 157.2 that I weighed on the new scale on Sunday, so that is encouraging. At that point, the old scale was registering anything from 152 to 155, so I think there's a three or four pound difference between scales, which would make my starting weight two weeks ago closer to 160. I don't know.

I'm still eating well and exercising, although the happy/sad faces on mypyramidtracker.gov tell me I should eat more fruit. I put blueberries and fresh spinach on the shopping list for today, both of which I love so I'll be more likely to eat them. My garden tomatoes are gone for the year (boo-hoo) and I can't stand grocery store tomatoes off season. Maybe in-season, too, but it's hard to tell because I haven't eaten a grocery store in-season tomato in years. I'm keeping my calorie intake around 1300 to 1400 calories per day.

Last night was a comedy of errors--Claire started complaining of a stomach ache in the car on the way home from mom and dad's so when we got home she went up to her room and said she didn't want dinner, so I decided to make sandwiches for me and Connor (turkey, lettuce, and tomato on whole grain for me, grilled cheese for Connor). To keep Connor from killing himself by falling off the porch, I tried to stick in a video, but the VCR ate the video. While I was wrestling with the VCR (it won--the video is still stuck in there) I smelled smoke and realized it was the grilled cheese just as the smoke alarm went off. I ran into the kitchen to get it and while searching for a spatula to get it off the stove, I slipped in the water leaking from our fridge (it leaks water all the time and we can't find the drain to unclog it). I got everything settled, made a new sandwich for Connor, and was settling down with my own when Claire decided she was feeling better but wanted her own sandwich AND a get well card. She didn't get the card. So by the time I got them all in bed, I wasn't up for much exercising but forced myself to do the pilates upper body workout. I hadn't done that one before but figured it would be an easier one--I'm usually pretty good with upper body stuff. Wrong! The reverse push-ups with one leg elevated nearly killed me. Even Brian said the woman doing pushups on her knuckles was too butch for him. Tonight I'm going to try the lower body workout.

No comments: