Wednesday, September 14, 2005

As promised

Here's a link to Lauren Sue's PictureTrail account. Most of the albums are about her house (a very cool 18th century farm in southern Maryland) but if you scroll to the bottom, you'll find an album named "The Highland Health Nut" that has her story about weight loss and a whole mess of before and after pictures. Now personally I think she's a bit too thin now--she went from a size 14 to a junior's size 14 (she's the one buying all those size zero's you see) but she looks fantastic, is healthier than ever, and you really can't argue with success. She goes on quite a bit about Winsor Pilates changing her life, although I know she was also changing her diet and doing other (aerobic) exercise as well. I also know that when I weighed the same as she does now (110--back when I was starting high school!) I was still a size 10, so weight and size don't go hand in hand. http://www.picturetrail.com/highlands

There are also some albums with pictures of her two trips to California for taping the infomercial and pictures of when they came to Maryland to film her here.

After looking at her website last night, I started thinking "why am I looking at this and not DOING it?" So I pulled out and did the first pilates DVD. Tonight I'm going to try to do the abs DVD.

I think I need to get some kind of medal for yesterday--I did *everything* a person is supposed to do: ate healthy, walked to the PTA meeting, exercised, concentrated at work, did a reasonable amount of housework, read to my kids, I even brushed and flossed twice AND used flouride rinse and Listerine. Didn't have much fun, though.

Today I'm sticking to the healthy eating (o.k., low calorie, not necessarily healthy. Did you know a bowl of Lucky Charms only has 120 calories? And is whole grain?) and hope to find time to do that abs workout tonight. I also got a fantastic nearly-dropped-my-teeth job offer, which I'm sure has increased my metabolism (or at least I'm still shaking from the phone call). More on that in a less public forum.

No comments: