Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I did NOT eat the macaroni!

I had my usual breakfast yesterday, then for lunch the kids had macaroni and I didn't! I ate leftover chicken-chili stew, with no cheese and no tortilla chips. After lunch I had one chocolate chip cookie (with a glass of milk) and stopped there. I can't remember my snacks for certain -- I think I had raisins but I forget what else. For dinner we had pepperoni and green pepper pizza, and I ate one (largeish) slice and drank water. But we had a friend over later for beer because it was his birthday, and I had one beer and the remnants of the doritos -- I couldn't say how many chips, but it was probably about the same as the half ounce I had the previous day, based on the size of the handfuls. So I wasn't stellar yesterday but I wasn't terrible. It's all about portion control, not total food avoidance. If I turn down every beer and all the chips I'll be miserable and I won't stick to this.

We went to the gym yesterday and did 40 minutes on the upright bikes. Today I'm trying to figure out how to work in a trip -- I'll either go between piano and swim lessons or after swim lessons, depending on Daniel's plans. I'm determined to go one way or another.

Tomorrow I'm going to cheat. No two ways about it. I plan on having wine with dinner and maybe a beer afterwards, and I'm not going to go skimpy on the cake! It's only once a year, right?

No comments: