Saturday, September 17, 2005

I need a new scale.

I went against what I said before about not weighing myself daily, and I discovered that I really need a new scale! I can make my weight vary by as much as three pounds just by stepping off the scale and stepping back on. Hardly accurate. But this scale was the cheapest one we could buy 10 or more years ago, so it isn’t exactly surprising that it is so inaccurate. So I have no idea how much I weight or how much I’ve lost except that I’m somewhere between 150 and 155.

I’m keeping my food intake the same. I’ll confess for all of us for last night—Amy had an Arbonne party and even though I didn’t gorge myself the way I normally do (and I had a plate full of fruit and a few baby carrots to start) I still ate a “no pudge” brownie and a lime bar and washed it down with 155 empty calories worth of pear cider, then had three crackers and pieces of cheese later on. Of course, that was my dinner, so it could have been worse, but it wasn’t the healthiest way to eat. I know I wasn’t alone eating those things, too. I know my fruit and vegetable intake was good yesterday, which is better than usual.

Today I woke up, had one cup of coffee, then went out for a long and vigorous walk. But I’m never hungry after exercising, so I didn’t get around to eating until lunchtime when I had two boiled eggs, a couple of pretzels and some grapes. I should eat more, but I really just haven’t been very hungry. I promised Claire I’d make carrot pudding for dinner (don’t ask), which also isn’t the healthiest food, so I should thaw some fish or chicken breasts to serve with it.

No comments: