Saturday, September 17, 2005

Friday food

Yesterday I ate Lucky Charms for breakfast at last (but today I didn't want them again!). I had lunch at a Mexican restaurant for a friend's birthday, so lunch wasn't all that healthy, but I tried to keep it in check -- I had one smallish chicken burrito, plus some rice and refried beans, though I didn't eat much of the beans (anything with "fried" in the name can't be good for you, even if it is beans, and they'd piled cheese on top). I ate a banana for a snack later on, and I'm pretty sure I had another healthy snack later but it's slipping my mind at the moment. Dinner was spaghetti, but I ate a very small portion (about as much as Mary ate, though she loves spaghetti and eats it well), and I had a caesar salad to fill me up (note to self: buy low-fat caesar dressing! An under-dressed salad just isn't very exciting). And I had a bowl of blackberry sherbet for dessert, but I made the mistake of letting Daniel serve it to me, and his idea of a small portion is a lot larger than mine! Still, the sherbet's a lot healthier than straight ice cream would be.

I did exercise yesterday -- Daniel and I met at the gym and did another forty minutes of cycling, this time on the upright bikes. Even though those bikes are a lot more tiring (and more uncomfortable) than the recline bikes the machine still said I only burned 270 calories over the same workout. What makes that more confusing is that I had the workout set at a higher level, and my distance, average speed, and average mets all went up. I think I'm going to stop believing the calorie levels listed on those machines!

No comments: