Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mmmm... Blackberry sherbet...

The kids and I went blackberry picking with Alexander's preschool this morning. I'm not really a fan of blackberries because of the seeds, but I found a recipe for berry sherbet with our ice cream maker (and you strain out the seeds) so I made some today, and, well, I couldn't very well make it and not eat it, right? Yummy. I did keep my portion size small, though.

Let's see... I had the usual breakfast. I gave myself permission to have Lucky Charms since Sarah did and since Julie had Frosted Cheerios, but then I wasn't in the mood for them, so I ate Maple Pecan Crunch instead! (It's not all that healthy compared to raisin bran, but it has whole grains and nuts, and it's sweet but doesn't have marshmallows so it's not that bad, either.) Then for lunch I had the last of the taco soup (it's ground turkey, corn, pinto beans, tomatoes, and seasonings, so it's pretty lean and full of fiber and protein) with tortilla chips (just a few). I had snacks of raisins and blackberry sherbet in the afternoon. For dinner we had spaghetti, but I kept my portion fairly small; our sauce has ground turkey and bell peppers so it's not as bad as it could be. Milk to drink. I had some blackberry sherbet for dessert, again a very small portion (and after today I promise I won't eat it twice in one day!).

I'm a bit hungry now, so I'm trying to decide if I should have a snack before bedtime or just not worry about it. I probably won't worry -- when I take my vitamins I'll be drinking water and that will probably be plenty before bedtime.

I didn't exercise today. Normally on Thursdays I'll be able to drop Mary at Brownies and go straight to the gym to fill the hour, so I'll get a quick workout in then. Today there was a parents' meeting, though, so I knew I wouldn't be able to get away. I'm still tired and hot from yesterday's workout, though. Tomorrow I'll have to do something active again, though!

No comments: