Saturday, September 24, 2005

Darn it! Well, I tried!

I went to the gym today to take a class called "Body Flow." It's an hour-long combination of yoga, tai chi, and Pilates. I was 25 minutes into it and feeling great (although alarmed at the sight in the mirror -- my rear end was twice the size of any other in the room) when the sitter came and pulled me out of class, because Cecilia was crying and wouldn't quit. Even I had a hard time calming her -- she didn't want to eat and didn't want to be rocked and didn't seem to get it that Mommy was there! But eventually I got her to nurse, and she got calm and sleepy, and when it seemed like she was permanently calmed I handed her off. Within 15 seconds she was back to wailing, and she wouldn't even go into the swing. So I had to go back to class and retrieve my shoes -- carrying Cecilia! -- and we left. As soon as I had her in the car seat and was obviously preparing to leave she cheered up, and then she fell asleep on the way home. Grr.

And now my credit card number has been stolen!!!!!!!!!! Just got a call from a company asking if I'd used it with them today. Nope! What a pain. I've canceled the card, of course, but what a day!

No comments: