Sunday, September 18, 2005

I don't feel so bad, then...

I was feeling guilty for my Saturday, but if y'all had a party on Friday and didn't eat healthy, then I don't feel so bad! I had my usual breakfast (but not Lucky Charms this time), and for lunch I had turkey and provolone on whole wheat (I was planning to skip the cheese, but we were out of lettuce, and that would have made for a very dull sandwich indeed. Wish I liked mayo -- we have fat-free on hand!). I had snacks of raisins, a carrot, and a root beer float. (What could I do? Daniel was making them, and how was I to turn something like that down? I'm only human!!) For dinner we had grilled steak (fat trimmed off), baked potatoes (I only ate a half a one, and only about a half teaspoon of margarine on it) and green beans from our garden. I had a teeny scoop of sherbet for dessert. I wish I could get over this habit of wanting something sweet after eating a big meal -- or at the very least I need to keep a bag of peppermints in the house (I have some in the car) because one of those would take care of my craving most of the time (but not always).

I seem to be heavy on the parentheticals today. I need to stop having so many things that need qualification!

No exercise yesterday -- I'm still on an every-other-day schedule until I stop getting so wiped out each time. I'm going to have to do something at home today, since the gym doesn't have babysitting on Sundays. Tomorrow Daniel and I will be back at it at the gym; I'm thinking we need to add some toning after the bikes, if we're going to stick to the bikes as our primary exercise.

I was very happy this morning because my weight was under 170!! It was 169.5. But that's not official until Tuesday. Oh, Katie, my scale only does half pounds -- it's not really all that fancy! And, Sarah, I had one of those cheapie scales when I first got married, and I junked it for the same reason. We bought our current one for about $20, so it wasn't really that expensive, and it comes with a lithium battery so the battery shouldn't ever need replacing; after ten or so years it's still holding up very well, and I know it's accurate because it has been consistently exactly one pound higher than my OB's scale through two pregnancies. (Hey, does that mean I'm really 168.5? Cool!)

No comments: