Thursday, September 15, 2005

Good Jobs All Around

Except for me. Well, not really. I have been pretty good. I will, however, admit right here, right now that today I totally binged on a Pop Tart... BUT - only one. I left the second one in the wrapper in the box. (I should throw it away!) Bad, bad, bad. White flour, sugar, badness. But it was yummy.

Otherwise - I have stuck pretty faithfully to my healthy - much more balanced - diet. And - amazingly I am enjoying it. I went to the store tonight - in my sweaty workout clothes and bought a ton of veggies and yogurt and fruit. I looked so - well, healthy - except for the extra 53 or so pounds I took with me.

Oh! Really proud moment - last night after Katie and I did our aerobic tape I said "Toning?" And she said "OK." And so we did our lower body. Woo-hoo! We were so proud. Today, however, we were all thrown off because we didn't know if we should tone or aerobisize. We decided on aerobics.

Mom - you CAN choose your body shape (they have rectangle as an option) and your hair style and color. It won't look just like you, but you can get it pretty close. Try some of the different store options - they are all a little different.

Emily - you may want to try less white flour and more whole grains. Do they make whole wheat Mac and Cheese? Throw out the leftovers and make your own lunch. It may be worth it in the long run. I like the doctor - veggies mostly upset my stomach. I wish MY doctor would tell me they are overrated too!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amy - I know I should have more whole grains. My breakfast is always whole grain, and I use strictly whole wheat bread. It's just the pasta (well, and the cake, but that's bad for other reasons) that's an issue, and I tried switching that a year or two ago, but the whole family rebelled -- I was the only one who liked it. So I'm stuck with white flour pasta and noodles.

I did mention the waffles on Sundays -- I am serious about switching those to whole-wheat. But those are only once a week, so not a big issue!