Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Milk?

I have started using the pyramid tracker, and it is extremely helpful. Come to find out I do not eat enough dairy. I hate to drink milk, I only use enough on my cereal to make it wet and I never drink what's left in the bowl. And I always skip the cheese on things. I think I'll have to look into finding a yogurt I'll eat. I go through phases with yogurt though. Sometimes it is so delicious and other times I can hardly choke it down. Maybe I'll get some exciting looking cheese at the grocery store and plan for it as a snack.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You can get most of the benefits of dairy through other foods--a lot of canned fish is high in calcium (because of the bones, ewww!), or tofu that's processed with calcium salts. Also greens (kale, collard greens, etc.), orange juice with added calcium, broccoli, pinto beans, and even almonds. You could also try soymilk and see if you like it. Or just take calcium supplements (like those yummy chewy chocolate ones, or just Tums if you want to keep the costs down).

Sarah