Saturday, September 24, 2005

Boring post

I can't remember when I last posted. I've been very good at sticking to exercise--Thursday night I did the pilates abs workout (this was the third time I've done it, but for some reason, this time it nearly killed me--I was sweating after just a few minutes, and it really isn't a very difficult workout!) then followed up with some upper body exercises with free weights. Friday I did the pilates lower body workout and then some triceps exercises (I figure that at this rate my arms will start looking really good just when it gets too cold to wear short sleeves). This morning I went for a three mile walk, keeping up a 4.1 m.p.h. pace (wearing the world's fanciest pedometer, also known as a GPS--at least I know *exactly* how far I've gone and how fast! I'm such a geek.) and later I'll do another pilates video.

I haven't been so consistent in the food--I was fine Thursday and stuck to my usual diet, but yesterday I went over my calorie limit. My meals were good (cereal with blueberries, cottage cheese and pineapple, grapes, and pretzles for lunch, half of a *big* turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and cheese and an apple for dinner) but then I snacked on part of a big cookie at lunch (a last-day-of-work treat from the women I worked with), two Hershey's mini bars, and microwave popcorn at bedtime. Today I haven't eaten anything yet because I haven't gotten around to it--Connor had us up at 3 a.m. so I took the first shift and then slept through my normal breakfast time. I didn't want to eat right before my walk, so I put it off and now it's lunchtime and all I've had is two cups of coffee. Exercise seems to diminish my appetite for the hour or so after I'm done.

I was 155 even again this morning, but I think if I stick to my diet the next three days and keep working out, I might be able to get down a bit before our weigh-in on Tuesday.

No comments: