Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm stuck

OK, I'm starting to hit the frustrated point of this diet. I'm happy with the food, I feel like I'm eating a good amount, but I'm keeping my calories under 1800; we're eating healthy, balanced foods; I'm exercising at least five times a week, if not every day, and I can't seem to break the 154 mark!! Monday I weighed in at 154.25, same as I have been for quite some time now, it seems. Weigh in day on Tuesday I did actually break the 154 mark and was down to 153.75, but that didn't stick around. Amy and I went out last night and bought a new scale--nice, digital, weighs in tenths of pounds (or, as Amy would have it, in twoths). And when I weighed myself this morning I was 154.2 *sigh* Any suggestions as to what I can do to start losing again?

I don't know if I've hit the five pound mark or not! When we started this I weighed in at 158 on our old scale, which was impossible to read. Then I switched to the scale at school and figured our home one was off by about 2 pounds, so I was probably actually more like 160 when this all started. So do I cound 155 as being five pounds, or do I have to wait until I'm solidly under 153?

Today was a weird day, food-wise. Amy and I packed our normal lunches--cereal and milk and applesauce for breakfast, pear for snack, tuna salad (made with cottage cheese and about a teaspoon of low fat mayo) on lite bread with TONS of lettuce and half a tomato, triscuits and string cheese for afternoon snack, and I have been STARVING all day! Normally I manage to save at least part of a snack (if not the whole thing) until I get home, but today I had it all polished off by 3:00! I ended up coming home and eating a few cubes of swiss cheese. I did my calorie/nutrient tracker with mypyramid and it said that I was only at 750 calories and was in good shape, balance wise, except I was low on (wait for it!) FAT. Not enough of my calories came from fat today. So Amy and I made up for it by having sushi for dinner. But we were good! We kept it limited to only two rolls and one appetizer, when normally we'd have two appetizers and about 4 rolls.

OK, so I just added the sushi to my chart and I'm still only at 1400 calories, and I have smilie faces for everything except meat and fruit. Maybe I'll eat a banana.

Happy Birthday, Emily!!!

No comments: