Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Too busy to eat

How many times can I start with "I had my usual breakfast"? Sheesh. Well, I did. For lunch I had macaroni and cheese again -- I do measure the portions, at least. I had planned on fixing something else for myself and just letting the kids eat the M&C but when I got to cooking it the pasta and saltinesss really appealed to me, so I gave up and ate some.

I was at it all day today -- on preschool days the time flies by, and I lose a lot of time to driving back and forth, plus most of Mary's subjects right now require direct interaction from me (anything that doesn't I hand her to do in the car). So by the time I stopped and took a breath it was after four, at which point I realized I hadn't had any snacks all day, so I grabbed a handful of raisins.

After the trip to the gym (another 40 minutes on the bike -- I've got the level pushed up to a 6 for most of it now, when I started at about a 3 last week. I don't think my fitness has improved that much but it's not so much of a shock to my muscles anymore) I had a banana, and then we had more of the chicken-chili stew with tortilla chips and a sprinkling of cheese. And a glass of milk. We haven't snacked or had dessert in the meantime, and the TV is off! I'm getting a bit hungry, though; I may have to scare up something healthy for before bedtime. I wish I could convince myself that a carrot would be appealing!

No comments: