Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I was good today!

No alcohol and no dessert, and I exercised! Yay, me! And I can blame y'all for it -- my daily visit here got me thinking I really shouldn't make excuses about exercise, so I called Daniel and we talked ourselves into going to the gym, where we cycled for 40 minutes. The machine said I burned 275 calories but it seemed like more effort than that. The best part about exercise is that it revs up my metabolism for a full day afterwards -- I can feel it just in how warm (or overwarm) I get, and then I can tell that it's worn off and I need to get moving again.

I half-posted my food earlier, but here's the total list: usual breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch, some raisins after lunch, a snack of an apple and some graham crackers (I started to eat cheez-its or something like that but they were, fortunately, stale), and dinner of grilled chicken, caesar salad, and a baked potato (with minimal margarine), plus a glass of milk. I ate whenever I got hungry and mostly quit when I was full. As usual, I fell short on vegetables, but the kids' doctor said vegetables are overrated -- I get fiber and vitamins from fruit and grains, and anything that I'm missing from vegetables comes from my multivitamin. (I'm not trying to make excuses, but I have a sensitive tooth right now and the vegetables I like best -- raw carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers -- haven't been going over well with it.)

Anyway, that's my day, and I still say, yay, me!

No comments: