Tuesday, September 27, 2005

OK - Weigh in day... and I am down to 210. OK - That isn't my LOWEST (that was 209.8 last Thursday...) but I am content with this since it is down from last week's weigh in. Granted, it is only about half of what they tell you to shoot for (1% of your body weight) BUT it is still trending downward. AND - I have officially PASSED the five pound mark. I am down 5.4 pounds. In three weeks that is actually a good rate.

I have decided that my GRAND scheme goals should be five pounds a month. That seems a little bit low, I know - but it is do-able and allows for a certain amount of backsliding. It also allows me to form new LIFE habits - as we keep talking about doing, rather than just dropping a whole bunch of weight for a little bit of time. Five pounds a month means I will be down 20 pounds by New Year's Eve - and 60 pounds (my ultimate goal) by next September. It has been 11 years since I have been that low. My lowest was 145-ish when Sarah got married. I remember mom saying to me that she never realized that I was "willowy." I REALLY liked the idea of being willowy and so I want to be that way again. ESPECIALLY with the styles the way they are. Clothes are really designed for willowy figures.

I was saying to Katie last night that where you all are hovering weight wise is ultimately my goal. I guess it doesn't hurt that I am a good 3 to 5 inches taller than you all are - but 3 to 5 inches shouldn't add another 50 pounds. BUT - on the flip side of that - when I weigh 149 I am about as skinny as I can be... So, I guess it is true that weight really is just a number. Boobs weigh a lot - and even when I am skinny I have big boobs. See Emily - we can cling to that!!!

Last night - stir fry on brown rice with spinach on the side for dinner. Boot Camp for exercise. I felt like I could do more - but Katie was whipped from the day at Genosea Valley - and I wasn't motivated enough to do another workout alone.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amy, I think 5 pounds a month is a perfect goal! That's sort of what I'm aiming for -- it's a pound a week or slightly more, and it can be achieved through gradual, permanent changes rather than abruptly cutting calories. As you said, it allows for backslides, and if you don't you have a chance of actually exceeding your goal once in a while, which is very cool.

We can do this!