Thursday, September 22, 2005

That's What I want to know

I asked a few posts back what we wanted to do for a reward system. As I said - I work towards gold stars... My problem is I can't think of anything I want that is physical. Usually - and not to sound greedy or anything - if there is anything that I want, I get it. Sometimes I will make myself wait - especially around the holidays. But this is one of the joys and disappointments of being forever single. I know no one else will get me spontaneous presents (Katie sometimes excluded) so I get them myself - but, then I am never surprised.

So - hopefully, we should all be hitting the 5 pound mark soon... I need a suggestion of something special that I can do. I don't want to get clothes - I am not at my skinniest yet. I HAVE all of the scrapbook supplies. I could get a pedicure - but sandal season is winding down. What I would love is to have a professional house cleaning - but that is something I would have to do to reward myself at 20 pounds or something...

Sigh.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Here's a little newsflash for you: married people don't get any more spontaneous gifts than single people do. And when we get them, they're less likely to be something we want (I think because my spouse, at least, seems to be blind in the scrapbook supplies and other girly things department).

How often do you generally get little things for yourself? You can still tie your "stuff" purchases to weight loss. I know few people in the world are capable of going into Target without wanting something they never knew even existed. How about getting yourself a $10 or $15 giftcard to Target today--stick it on your dresser or someplace you're likely to see it (or on top of the food you're most likely to indulge in) and only let yourself use it when you've hit a weight goal. It's like a miniature lottery ticket that only becomes a winner when you've lost five pounds.

Oooh, I like that idea. I might have to use it myself--$10 on anything I want at Target! I could get a movie, or a cheap shirt, or a book, or some wrapping paper, or some bath stuff. Maybe I'll get a whole bunch of gift cards to different places and dole them out as I go along!

Sarah