Thursday, September 15, 2005

Alternative Exercise

Amy and I have (extremely surprisingly) done really well in the exercise department thus far. I'm actually really enjoying the videos she has, and since they're only 15-20 minutes long, it isn't such a chore. I used to be able to put off exercising claiming "I just don't have enough time before I have to....(fill in the blank)." Now, it's much more of a "I have just enough time to do one video before I have to...." It's quite nice, really. However, for those of you with small children and many activities and blah blah blah, you should really be doing the Analyze Physical Activity portion of mypyramidtracker.gov. Did you know you burn calories getting dressed in the morning? Emily and Sarah, they actually have specific entries for carrying around infants and small children. You burn 47 calories carrying around a small child for 15 minutes. I think there's a seperate one for infants. Mom, you burned 189 calories for half an hour of digging, spading and filling the garden. Cool, huh? They also have entries for folding laundry and washing dishes and general housekeeping stuff. Did you know we all burn calories typing our blog entires? I burn calories each day conducting my students. Now sometimes they say there's no measurable calorie burn for things (keeling and praying for example), but it's still kinda neat.

So today I weighed myself on the scale at school. I am down to 154.25! OK, so only 3/4 of a pound lost this week, but that works with last week's to keep me roughly on track. I will honestly be surprised if I can keep up to my goal, but I figure what the heck. Might as well aim high!

No comments: