Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Something must be wrong

This morning I lept out of bed at about 8:15 and felt like - drummmm rooolllll - CLEANING! That NEVER happens! Often in the mornings when I am getting ready for work I get the urge to do little things like fold laundry - load the dishwasher - sort mail... So I spend 10-15 minutes at it and then am annoyed that I actually have to go to work. I NEVER get that way when I have the day off. BUT TODAY - I did. I have spent the day cleaning my room. You have all seen my house. You KNOW this isn't normal. I think I must be sick. I keep checking for a fever - but nothing.

I cleaned out all of my drawers, put in drawer liners (mostly because Laura gave them to me and I had no where else to put them). I have a bag of about 20 pieces of clothing to donate. Then I sorted through over a years worth of mail (not ALL of the mail in a year, but I was finding stuff from last June). I cleaned out my bed side table. I came across all of my old Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers stuff. I found a neat article called "One Minute Weight Loss Secrets." I think I will post a few here and there - because some of them are kind of neat.

I cleaned off the top of one dresser so far. I am even dusting as I go. I had no idea I was living with so much dust. You have heard of dust bunnies? Well I have dust giraffes I think (and a few rhinos, lions, tigers, and alligators too.) I am now (after I finish posting) off to find some pledge. There are yucky things on my dresser that don't quite count as dust. I am hoping the pledge will do them in.

Emily - I LOVE the idea of a badge ceremony. I think we should embroider them if possible. I also like the idea of denium jackets. Julie, I agree with Emily - you should check out this book. You can find it on Amazon. You would probably like it.

Also, Emily - of COURSE tomorrow is a free day for you. I just have to see if I can resist making it a free day for me too. I have a present for you - but I haven't mailed it yet.

Eating today has been bad. I had whole grain toast for breakfast with a little healthy fake butter - I am not sure exactly what it is... but Laura buys it, and I sometimes eat it. Then some yogurt. I have been picking at a not quite ripe apple all day - but can't seem to make myself finish it. I am not hungry - or it isn't appealing or something. I haven't eaten lunch yet - but am kind of in the mood for it now. I actually am in a vegetable mood again. (Kind of backs up my "something must be wrong" theory.)

No comments: