Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Chocolate Cake - Sigh

Yesterday was a good day for me. Even with the temptation of pizza at lunch and some of the richest chocolate cake you have ever seen. I did what people are supposed to do! I had one piece of pizza and a VERY skinny slice of cake. I ate the cake taking microscopic bites - and it was enough. I didn't finish eating before everyone else and I didn't feel TOO tempeted to have more. I also informed the rest of the group that a serving size was 1/30th of the cake!

Then I skipped my sandwich at lunch time, but ate my cheese, fruit and veggies. THEN - at about 4:30 I went into my eat everything in sight mode. The cake was still sitting in our area. So - with my usual lack of resistance - I had another VERY skinny slice. I would guess that my two slices combined were about the 1/30th allotment.

Today we had a going away lunch for Lynne Tuccy at Macaroni Grill. I resisted the bread - mostly. I had two or three small bites the entire lunch. I drank water - lots of it. I don't usually finish my glass of water - but this time I drank three. For my entree I ordered something called a "Skinny Chicken." It was a grilled chicken breast on a bed of steamed spinach with low fat feta and tomatoes. You know - I enjoyed it. I WANTED lots of pasta and cheese - but I didn't miss it once I tasted my yummy chicken. This afternoon Kristy and I are meeting a guy who used to work at TESSCO who has been nagging us to go to Coldstone. We told him today was a good day. I don't quite know how I will handle this. I know I have to have some icecream (to be polite don't you know...) I COULD have it with fruit - but it isn't the fillers that are the problem - it is the icecream to start. I can't remember - they may have a yogurt version. Well - I do plan on eating just a portion of my small size and throwing the rest away - but I HATE that sort of waste. Sigh. I will let you know how I handle it.

No comments: