Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I am soooo out of shape

Relatively speaking, that is. I went to the gym today for the first time in ages. The recumbent bikes were occupied so Daniel and I used the upright bikes. These are harder to begin with, not to mention uncomfortable (do men not have pelvic bones, or what??) , but I'm pretty sure I was doing better than this before I took two weeks off to do wimpy exercises. I wasn't exactly taking it easy with my walks, but there's no question that they haven't been as grueling as the bikes. Anyway, I only did 35 minutes (because I was there during Mary's pageant practice and had to get back on time -- and I was late anyway) and I started at my usual level 7 but had to bump it down to 6 and then 5. And even then my heart rate was higher than it should have been for a good portion of the exercise.

Today I have been eating like it's going out of style. I had my usual breakfast, and for lunch I had yogurt and toast (with a bit of margarine). For dinner I had chicken with broccoli and rice (it uses fat-free mayo, water, instant rice, and cream of chicken soup to make the sauce, very simple and fairly low-fat) with a caesar salad and some cucumber slices, and a glass of white wine to drink. In between I had every kind of vaguely healthy snack I could come up with, almost -- raisins, almonds, string cheese, a clementine. And a pepermint (because I was in the car and my mouth tasted of string cheese, ick) and two GS Cafe Cookies (full disclosure). And for an evening snack we're having light popcorn and I'm having a glass of port.

I dreamed last night that I was pregnant and didn't know it until I could feel the baby. (I haven't started my cycles yet and NFP is notoriously unreliable under these circumstances, but it's unlikely -- but it's still a point of minor worry.) So maybe I'm eating with an appetite that's in response to the dream. Or maybe I'm late cycle and don't know it yet, and I'm eating for that reason. Or maybe it's just because the house is cold.

Amy, WTG for the new low!! Keep Losing!

No comments: