Thursday, November 17, 2005

Katie is the Big Winner

Water-wise that is... I PERSONALLY think this contest should have only been allowed to apply to people who READ the blog. When we first started it she spent the whole first day asking ME questions about what was allowed, what was the prize, when did the contest start, when did it end. ALL of this had been hashed out by us on the blog the day or two before - which she would have known had she been reading it. BUT - I have noticed that since I told her that it was only for people on the blog she HAS gotten better about reading and responding to it.

So, Katie is very sloshy right now - having consumed over 100 ounces of water each day for the past week. I think I was in second place sticking to between 80 and 96 ounces per day. No one else reported regularly what they were drinking. Congrats Katie! Thanks Julie for donating the prize.

I don't know if it helped any or not - but yesterday I didn't drink enough water (maybe 48 ounces all day) and today my weight is way up - 207.6. Ugh.

I am getting frustrated. I did exercise yesterday - but didn't the day before - but did on Monday. I have to get back to something EVERYDAY. I also have to get better about my food intake. Up until Halloween (blame it on the spooky day... I know... but REALLY) I was SO GOOD about my food. Even days when you would think I would be bad (Renn Fest, Wedding, birthdays at work, lunch meetings) I was still eating beautifully. Carefully chosing what I should eat, not over eating - snacking on fruit or vegetables when I was munchie - and it was working. NOW - for no apparent reason I will grab a box (or two, or three) of Junior Mints and eat them, JUST because they are there. Well - I also blame it on the fact that I am reading The Outlander series again. My weakness has always been eating while reading. I don't watch much TV - and I almost never eat when I do, but I have always liked to eat while I read.

Today my resolution is to eat nothing that is not in my lunch bag. I have oatmeal, "dried plums" grapes, cottage cheese, wheat thins, broccoli, V-8 and a PB&P sandwich. We are having grilled salmon and vegetables for dinner. That should be PLENTY of food for me! Maybe what I will do is if I get the urge to eat candy I will do sit ups instead - then I will have negative associations with candy... yeah.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, I reported my water intake regularly! I think the only day I didn't report was Friday (which was 112 ounces). My total was 80 points, and an average of just over 91 ounces per day.

Amy said...

OK - So you are second - or maybe tied with me for second... I don't know. I think there was only one day where Katie was less than 100 oz... Actually, I have to add up my points. I am curious what my total count was - Less than Katie, I know.

Emily said...

We're all blaming Halloween for the downfall in our exercise and eating habits, but the time change happened that same weekend, and I really think that did more damage! It is SO hard to avoid the end-of-the-day binge and flop (skipping exercise) when it's pitch black out before you even get home. So now you can blame the government for your diet troubles, since it's their fault we reset daylight savings each fall. ;-)