Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Up? Down? I am so confused!

This morning when I stepped on the scale I said UGH! I was up... Well, down from yesterday by .2 but up from Sunday. My weight was 206.4 this morning. BUT - when I filled in my chart at work (I need to save this to my jump drive - but I haven't so far) I saw that I WAS down from last week. I was a horrid 207 last Tuesday. So - I will keep plugging away.

Julie - I have been tracking everyone's weekly weights, and your line and my line have almost exactly the same pattern. When you go up, I go up. When yours is down, so is mine. It is funny. Also - from what I have read, frequent snacking is the BEST way to lose weight, because you keep your metabolism running all the time. The super skinny people tend to be grazers. The trick is choosing the RIGHT snacks. Sigh, and that is where we are ALL struggling. BUT - they also say that if you do have to give in to the cravings you are supposed to choose candy that has a lot of peanuts or almonds, because they usually have a higher protein content, and so you DO get more bang for the buck (or calories in this case).

Yesterday I was pretty good. As I mentioned, Katie and I didn't pack the afternoon snack we have been doing. We usually pack 2 vegetables, 2 fruits, 2 grains, and a snack of some sort (usually Triskets or Wheat Thins and cheese, or a yogurt). We found that we have been bringing home one or more of our fruit or vegetables, but never the crackers and cheese. So - yesterday we both came home with just one thing (applesauce for Katie, broccoli for me). That was pretty good. I didn't munch at all at work - and then last night I ate just three Halloween candies (2 Junior Mints and one Three Musketeer - so the lowest calorie sugar/fat blobs). Our dinner was VERY yummy, but probably not the wisest choice the day before weigh in. We had broiled steak sandwiches, with portabello mushrooms and onions - and topped with sundried tomato pesto and herbed cream cheese. Unfortunately they were on Kaiser rolls. Hummmm. I guess we could have skipped the rolls - but then it wouldn't have been a sandwich. 8-) We also had Teriaki veggies - which were too salty. So - too much bread, fat and salt last night for dinner. Did I mention how yummy they were?


We did our kickboxing DVD last night. Katie almost fell down dead though. She has a cold that has settled in her lungs, so she was having problems breathing. It has obviously been too long since we have done a good aerobic workout because my legs were woobely afterwards. Then later my back muscles were a little sore. Well - the good thing about that is we get to do the Pilates workout again today. I like that one. Of course, I like the kickboxing one also...

No comments: