Sunday, November 06, 2005

Too tired to think of a title

I'm just here to report my food for the day. I had a doughnut and OJ for breakfast, yogurt for lunch, a snack of almonds, and dinner of grilled chicken, caesar salad, green beans, and a slice of somewhat dense whole wheat bread (I think I left out some flour, so it was a little deflated). I had a glass of wine to drink. We had company so I also had dessert -- Ozark pudding with a very small scoop of homemade ice cream. I also had some cheddar and about a quarter glass of wine for a snack to wind down the evening.

I think I did better on the candy front today -- I certainly ate less chocolate, and I could probably name exactly what I ate. A Twix, a Reese's, a package of Rolos, a package of Skittles, a package of Dots, and a few nibbles of candy corn. Hmmm... that's more than I realized. How bad was I this week if I couldn't name what I ate? And how long until the sugar hangover wears off?

As I expected, I didn't exercise today. But I barely sat down all day. I'm inclined to check off "sedentary" on those health sites that ask for your lifestyle, but I suspect I'm not that inactive. I was that inactive when I put on all this weight -- when I was in graduate school I drove to work, sat all day, and drove home. Unless I skipped the driving part and worked from home, in which case I just sat all day. We did belong to a gym for a year or two and we did a lot of running, but it was very inconsistent, and that didn't change my overall lifestyle. Now that I have kids I must be moving around a lot more, but I still think of myself as sedentary. I suppose that's not a bad thing (thinking of it, that is -- of course it's bad to be sedentary all the time) if that means I'll allow myself less to eat, or I'll make myself get more exercise.

Anyway. Today's a new week so I can recommit to eating well and exercising often. And Tuesday's a new fitness week so I can recommit to it then, too! Here goes nothing.

No comments: