Sunday, November 20, 2005

Finally did some pilates!

Last night, close to midnight, I finally got the kids to bed so I put in a DVD and did one of the 20 minute workouts. I then didn't get to bed until 3 a.m.--Brian was out with Neil and Neil was planning on coming to stay for the night so he could get his flight in the morning (the light rail doesn't run early enough on Sunday), so after doing the pilates I did all the dishes, cleaned the living room, tracked down blankets and sheets for the sofabed, and then finished up with some online Christmas shopping. Then when the guys got home around 2:30 I stayed up and socialized for a bit.

This morning I woke up with my back killing me from raking leaves--even with all the exercising I've been doing, I'm obviously missing some major muscles! I got out for a run pretty early (the weather was perfect) and will do another pilates DVD after I get the kids to bed, which will probably be around midnight again since they both slept late and then Connor napped this afternoon!

I feel like I've eaten way too much today, but I just did the calorie count and it's not bad. I've just been snacking on more junk than usual. I had oatmeal for breakfast, soup for lunch, french fries and mixed vegetables for dinner (hey, at least I had some veggies!), three Girl Scout cookies, a tablespoon of chocolate chips, and popcorn for snack. It works out to just under 1300 calories, so I'll probably have cottage cheese and fruit in a while to make up for the lack of fruit and protein. But I feel really full. Do french fries count as whole grain? Except for the cookies and chocolate chips, everything else was really filling.

No comments: