Monday, November 07, 2005

So long as we're gossipping about Katie...

Isn't she the reason the rest of us are here? She's supposed to be the THIN one! So when she started catching up to us fatties we all knew it was time for action. So if she's really drinking all those car bombs and putting on weight, that'll keep the rest of us motivated, right? Go on, Katie! Pig out! ;-) (Aren't you lucky to have such nice, supportive sisters?)

"Virtuous" isn't the word for me, but I definitely ate better today. I only had two mini candy bars, that I can recall, and a few pieces of candy corn, and two Peeps pumpkins (which are nothing but air and sugar, so they're not all that caloric). I had my usual breakfast, lunch of ham and cheese on whole wheat (no lettuce, though; that takes effort), snacks of a banana and some almonds, and dinner of sauerbraten meatballs on noodles (a reasonable portion size). Milk to drink with dinner. So I'm almost back to my normal eating routine.

We did get to the gym tonight, and I did 40 minutes on the bike. I'm having to watch my heart rate carefully -- I've been pushing the level up as soon as I'm mentally able to face a higher level, but I've been finding that at the level I've been doing for the last few weeks (7) I can go up over 180 sometimes, and it doesn't feel all that good. I've seen it happen in the first half the workout. Today I watched it closely and I didn't hit 180 until nearly the end, so I eased up on my effort and didn't push it at the end. It just feels like progress when I hit a higher level, so it's hard to have to remind myself that I should only be doing what's good for me.

Sarah, I'm with Amy -- progress doesn't always show up right away. I find that my weight is more likely to go down a pound two mornings after a good workout rather than the next day. Today I was wondering if that's because I suck down the water after a workout, and I don't shed the extra water by the next morning, plus the workout boosts my metabolism for a day, so I'm burning things faster the day after than I was the day of the workout. That doesn't bode well for tomorrow for me -- I didn't exercise for quite a few days in a row until today, so tomorrow I'll be up, and I won't see any benefit until Wednesday (if I'm so lucky!). But maybe tomorrow will be your day!

No comments: