Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tuesday update: water--100 ounces. I think Katie wins this challenge.

Food: cereal for breakfast, almonds for snack, yogurt, pretzles, and an apple for lunch, string cheese for snack, fried rice for dinner, a few Smarties and Skittles in the evening. WHY can't I bring myself to throw them out? I realize the fried rice ain't exactly health food, but it was a homemade version and I used the smallest amount of oil possible and not nearly enough soy sauce (about a teaspoon and a half total, and I made about three servings so it tasted bland), and I made it vegetarian. I should have put more vegetables in it, but I was trying to cook quickly and didn't want to dig through the basement freezer for veggies so I just used the peas and corn that were in the upstairs freezer.

Exercise: nothing, but I planned it that way. I had (ewwww) cervical polyps removed yesterday and just thought that doing anything involving situps would be a bad idea. As it turned out, by the evening I felt fine and though I might do a pilates video, but Connor had other plans and stayed up late, plus I was madly cleaning house so by the time I had everything finished it was 11:30. So I drank more water and went to bed. This morning I was 146.4, so I think eating fried food and not exercising agrees with me!

Julie, I think the thought of ramen noodles with American cheese has put me off food for the entire day. Yuck! And it sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. If it makes you feel any better about Thanksgiving, at Brian's family's house they deep fry their turkey (which is really good, but I'm sure it adds a lot of calories!) and make nothing but creamed vegetables. The good side, though, is that I can't stand the stuffing they make and I don't like creamed vegetables, so I always leave thanksgiving dinner still hungry. Now if we end up at mom's, I'm in trouble (especially if Amy makes that cream-laden, pecan crusted sweet potato thing). But we still don't know what we're doing. I brought it up once with Brian and I don't think he's called his family yet.

No comments: