Friday, November 18, 2005

Exercise

I haven't been very good about exercise this week. I got to the gym on Monday and Wednesday and I'll get there again today, but I haven't done ANY of my evening exercise--on Monday I was cleaning house until after midnight (which, even though it's not real exercise, is better than sitting on the sofa all night), on Tuesday I was recovering from my icky girl procedure, on Wednesday Brian and I went to the movies (Pride and Prejudice--good, but not as good as the Colin Firth version, probably because they only had two hours to work with and the casting wasn't as good), and yesterday Neil came over for dinner. He had such a hellish time getting to our house on the Baltimore bus system that I wouldn't let him go back on it--I made him stay until Brian got home at 11:30 so we could drive him back downtown.

I also haven't been eating consistently well. I had popcorn at the movies (although we got a small bag instead of a huge one and I offset it with just a small serving of yucky frozen chicken with cashews for dinner) and yesterday I missed lunch because I was on the road with a container of yogurt and no spoon, so I grabbed some cheese and crackers from a vending machine. Then in the evening when Neil was running late I ate three cookies so I wouldn't pass out from hunger, then ate healthy but too much dinner (chicken kebabs, saffron rice and salad. The kebabs were also vegetable-heavy, so I can't complain of lack of nutrients!) and had key lime pie for dessert. And two glasses of wine. Yum.

So I'm bound and determined to get in an exercise video each day this weekend AND get in two sessions running (today at the gym being one; I might do an aerobics video at home instead of running outside this weekend, though, depending on how cold it is), plus I have to rake leaves this weekend, which is fantastic exercise.

My weight seems to be hovering around 147 now and I need to break that. I drop below, then come up again, then go up above and back down. I did this around 151 as well, but not for as long! I know that if I really focus on good diet and exercise for a solid week or two I can start seeing a regular decline, so my next mini-goal is to hit 145 by December 1. I also like Julie's "no excuses" challenge to exercise daily until December 10. Maybe we can make that our group challenge? It doesn't have to be formal, knock-yourself-out exercise every day, but at least 30 minutes of active movement. What do you all think?

No comments: