Tuesday, November 15, 2005

So can I claim credit for even more weight lost?

If I gained two pounds this weekend then I must have lost four since last week, because I was at 154.5 this morning! I definitely can't explain that, given that I also ate ten pounds of bacon this Sunday (which is very impressive -- how did Sarah and I eat 20 pounds of it when I only cooked two and a half?). I didn't exercise yesterday, either -- Daniel was stressed about work so he didn't want to go to the gym, and I was in a rotten mood so I didn't make myself exercise (which is stupid -- if I would exercise, I wouldn't be in such a rotten mood). So I haven't exercised since about last Wednesday, although on Saturday and Sunday I barely sat down. Friday, too, come to think of it.

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast (I very much needed ordinary cereal yesterday, after Sunday's food), and then for lunch I had some of the sausage, egg, and green pepper casserole. For dinner I had leftover beef stew and for dessert I had a half slice of French Toast casserole (the good one with the nuts). I had snacks during the day of almonds and string cheese, and I also snacked on some of the Halloween candy, two marshmallows, several of those chocolate animal crackers Mom and Dad left behind, and a lump of brown sugar (see, I told you I was in a rotten mood -- I was scrounging!). So I have no excuse for having lost two pounds.

I've also fallen off the wagon on the water challenge. On the second and third days I drank about three bottles and enough miscellaneous to count another half bottle, for seven points each day. Since then I haven't been keeping track, but it's been a lot less.

Today I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I'm still not doing well on the candy front -- we stopped by Daniel's office this morning and he handed me a half Kit-Kat, and, hey, I'm not made of stone -- but I'm going to drink water and eat better and exercise. Really. Somehow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You could probably get yourself an Ig Noble Prize by doing a study that shows how it's physically possible to eat more bacon than is actually cooked, because I know I've had this happen to me before. Although sometimes it's the opposite--I'm sure I've cooked a whole pound but all that's left after cooking is about two ounces.