Friday, November 18, 2005

Yesterday...

all my troubles seemed so...oh wait...

I ate: cottage cheese and pears, carrots, french onion soup (without the cheese and bread, so pretty much onions in beef broth), a breadstick, pretzels, and blueberry pancakes for dinner. A very odd day. My weight was down again slightly from my horrible number on Tuesday.

I did exercise yesterday as well--I did a pilates DVD when I got home, and then I didn't sit down until Joe came home because I was cleaning the disaster area formerly know as our kitchen. The floor is still scungy, so I will attend to that tonight. Somehow half the leaves from outside managed to blow inside. I guess when we are taking Harry out and the door is open? Who knows exactly.

I have issued myself a challenge that is similar to one Amy came up with before. I am going to exercise EVERY DAY between now and 12/10 (I just picked that date). Whether it's a walk or a DVD or whatever, I am going to spend 30 minutes of my life each day moving my body somehow. I was going to stick with a 5 out of 7 days kind of thing, but I get lazy so quickly and start procrastinating ("Tomorrow" is such a good day!) so I decided I am going to start with a more rigid approach for myself and then back off instead of trying to build up. There are 2 days where this is going to be difficult: 12/2 and 12/9. 12/2 I am going straight to the crop at ReCollections after work (anyone want to join us?) and 12/9 I am meeting my County Planning friends to celebrate Christmas together, again right after work. But like Sarah said in a post a while ago, I'm just going to have to make it a point to fit it in. No excuses. it is really obvious to me that just adjusting my food has little bearing on my weight. I'm not gaining anything anymore, but it isn't going away either.

And Amy, you inspired me to get my hair whacked off last night. It is just a shorter version of the layers I have been wearing.

No comments: