Friday, November 11, 2005

See? You can just skip the title entirely! But I think Emily wins the creative title contest for "waterblogged" yesterday!

Yesterday's water intake was 102 ounces. Interestingly, I was hitting the bathroom less yesterday than the day before, even though I drank more water. My theory is that on the first day, I was seriously rehydrating myself after a week of not drinking nearly as much as I usually do, so my body spent the day flushing out all of the water I had retained in that time. The scale agrees with me--I've gone from 149.4 on Monday down to 147.6 today.

Food--same old, same old. I made black beans and rice for dinner with fresh tomato salsa, so I actually ate real food! I'm back to having yogurt, pretzles, and fruit for lunch.

Exercise--I got the Pilates Maximum Burn Basics DVD yesterday so I did it last night. It's the same pilates moves, but done with hand weights and at a faster pace, so you get more of a workout. I'm still amazed that I'm now able to do the moves that require you to turn yourself upside down with your legs over your head and behind you. I don't think I've done anything like that since I was 11. I also noticed last night that I've got nice, tight abdominal muscles (not all over yet, but in the center at least) but they are still covered with a thick layer of fat and saggy skin! Yuck.

No comments: