Friday, November 25, 2005

I survived...

Let's see...I should have read when I posted last. Wednesday I did the pilates DVD, Thursday Joe & I walked when we got up and today I did the pilates DVD when I got up. I have kept up the exercise for 9 days straight.

Wednesday food...can't really recall excpet we had pinto & corn "burgers" for dinner, which were quite yummy--Amy & Katie, did you make these at Let's Dish?

Thursday I had grits for breakfast, pretzels for lunch and then we ate around 3 pm at Joe's mom's. I had some of it all, but not really a lot of anything. You'll all gasp when I say this--but I really don't care for turkey so I only had a teeny amount so his mom wouldn't be offended, then stuffing (which Larry's mother made, and it tasted like bread & parsley, ick!) lima beans, corn, saurkraut, cranberry salad (I made it! It's my mom's recipe and it isn't Thanksgiving without it) mashed potatoes, a roll, sweet potatoes...and I had seconds of cranberry salad and sweet potatoes. Then we had some chocolate pie thing for dessert which was so rich it gagged me. I ate the graham cracker crust and wasted the rest.

Larry's sister was there and she had that stomach surgery. (Larry is the man Joe's mother lives with, just so you know who I am talking about) That is not something I would ever consider I don't think. Not that I am remotely fat enough for that, but if I ever weighed 300+ lbs I'd still try the old fashioned way before resorting to that. She couldn't eat anything. She had 2 bites of turkey, a scoop of potatoes and some stuffing. I enjoy food way to much for that. I just need to continue being a student of portion control and moderation.

So now, I am waiting on my terribly bitter sister to call me and then we're headed out shopping. The guilt got to me and I ditched the scrapbooking this morning to go out with her. I'm pretty sure I'll regret that. How do you tell someone bitterness is ugly? She just wallows in her own self pity and it drives me nuts. This is going to be a "great" afternoon...

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments: