Saturday, November 26, 2005

I almost broke my exercise streak

Yesterday was just an odd day--I was at Amy and Katie's all morning, then home with the kids in the afternoon. I spent most of the afternoon moving all of my scrapbook stuff from the dining room to the basement--I now have a cold, dusty, cricket-infested scrapbook area but it's all mine! A bit more room to spread out and I don't have to keep things packed in bags for fear of getting milk spilled on them!

I planned to do an exercise video either in the afternoon or after the kids went to bed, but didn't in the afternoon because I was having too much fun with the scrapbook stuff and there never was an "after the kids are in bed" period--I got Connor down at 11:30 and he had been a cling-monster all day. He was hanging onto my back while I was setting up the basement space, dragging me to the family room and forcing me to sit down so he could lean against me and climb on my shoulders during one of his videos, holding me by the leg while I cooked dinner, etc. The two times I got away from him, he used the opportunity to strip naked and poop on the floor. Great kid. I swear he does that on purpose so that we never leave him alone for a second!

Anyway, somewhere around 11:00 I realized that I wasn't going to have the time or energy to do a video once Connor finally settled down, so instead I did calisthenic-type exercises--push ups and sit ups and other toning exercises like that. It wasn't nearly a full 30 minutes, but at least it was something!

I'm concerned that today will be a repeat of yesterday. Brian has Claire down in DC for the day; Connor has been up since 6:20 and although he hasn't pooped on the floor (yet) he's removed the rug from the upstairs hall, thrown the bathmat and Claire's nightgown over the side of the stair railing, and started a bath for himself that turned into a shower without the shower curtain (that while I've been typing this). I think I should get exercise credit for keeping up with him! It's a bit too cold to take him out in the jogging stroller, so I'll have to find some other way to exercise. It really needs to be something aerobic today--pilates is great, but doesn't burn much fat.

No comments: