Tuesday, November 08, 2005

149 even

It's as if the last two weeks didn't happen. I've had the song "Slip Sliding Away" going through my head all morning. The funny thing is, just a few weeks ago I would have been thrilled with 149, but after that 146-point-whatever last week, 149 feels huge. But I guess setbacks are normal and I'll probably have quite a few more of them along the way. At least I know that there isn't some cosmic force working against me--this is entirely my fault for eating too much Halloween candy! And today's weight is down from yesterday's weight, so maybe I've hit the peak and am headed back in the right direction.

Yesterday I mostly stayed away from the candy again--I had three of the tiny tootsie rolls in the evening, but that was it. I think I posted breakfast and lunch yesterday already. In the afternoon I didn't have time for a snack, but I did get to the gym and managed to run the entire 30 minutes at 4.7 m.p.h. I'd like to work up to 5 m.p.h. and work back in the hills. I didn't, however, have time for pilates last night--I was up until 12:30 doing laundry, ironing, and folding. I hadn't folded or put away last week's laundry and everyone was running out of clothes, and I hadn't ironed since just before starting my new job, so I was REALLY out of work clothes. Oh, dinner last night was another omlette with spinach and more leftover squash and a piece of toast. That seems to be my default dinner these days when I make something entirely unsuitable for the kids (last night it was hot dogs for Claire and fish sticks for Connor).

So where is Katie? She told me that last week her weight was 151, but I don't know if that was official Tuesday weight or just the weight on the day we spoke. I think it's time for all of us to start bugging her by email to remind her that she can't quit!

One temptation I'm surprised I haven't had to deal with yet is the temptation to lie about my weight. It would be so easy to come on here and say "yippee! I was back down to 147.6 today!" or something like that, but I really don't mind being honest here, even when it makes me look bad.

Emily, have you voted yet? Would you believe that Kilgore is advertising up in this market? Well, one was on WAMU (D.C. NPR station, so it at least reaches Virginia) and was a sponsorship, not an ad. The other was a television ad on channel 45 that I saw when I was at the gym. It tooke me a while to figure out what I was seeing--it was obviously a political ad, but I didn't recognize the guy and didn't think there were any major elections going on up here (just a few mayoral races in some towns). I nearly dropped my teeth when I realized it was for the governor of Virginia.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Daniel has voted already and I'll be going over as soon as Mary finishes school. I went looking for information on one of the delegate races and found a MD website about it, oddly enough, so I'm not surprised the governor's race is getting press up there!

Kilgore comes across as slime in his ads (he probably *is* slime; most politicians are, but he fails to hide it in his ads, which is *really* pathetic). I'm sorry you had to suffer through any of this!

Sarah said...

Not much suffering involved--the sound was off on the t.v. so all I saw were the captions saying what a great family supporter this man is and how he can't wait to institute the death penalty. OK, it was a bit off-putting now that I think about it. ;-)