Monday, November 21, 2005

Four days, sort of

Today it poured from dawn until dusk so I couldn't go out for a walk. (It did actually stop at dusk, but we were on the road at that point, and it was full dark before we got back to the house, and there are coyotes here, so there's no way I'm going out on a walk after dark.) If I were at home I'd have a video I could do, or I could run up and down the stairs, or find some kind of aerobic exercise, but here that's just not an option -- there's nowhere that I would feel comfortable doing an aerobic workout. But I didn't want to totally miss out on exercise today, so I went into our room and did crunches and other lower body toning (and some upper body toning, if you count that I was trying to hold a hardback book and read while I did the lower body stuff, and it added some resistance!). I worked out for about ten minutes before I got interrupted and I didn't get another opportunity to go back to it. Sheesh. But my streak's not completely broken.

My food today was not so good, except on the whole grains front. I had raisin bran with skim milk for breakfast, and for lunch I had slivered steak on whole wheat, with milk to drink. But then we went to the movies and I had a LOT of popcorn and a big Sprite (I let Daniel go to the concession stand without me -- bad idea, because he bought too much food -- at least I only drank half the Sprite), and a mini package of M&Ms which Daniel discovered in his jacket pocket. Dinner was pot roast, so I ate small pieces of that and a small amount of mashed potatoes with a bit of gravy, and some carrots and green beans and a crescent roll. If I hadn't gone to the movies it would have been about right, but instead I had about twice as many calories as I needed. Maybe more. I only had two of the chocolates in the house but since I had the M&Ms I can't be very proud of that!

Tomorrow I hope the weather will be better so I can do something aerobic. We're not going anywhere tomorrow so maybe I can eat sensibly!

No comments: