Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Not as good as I'd like

I was 149.2 this morning. Down from yesterday (yaye!) but not as low as I have been in the past. I'm kicking butt on this water challenge, though. Yesterday I had 128oz of water (and cran water) for a total of 16 points. Today so far I have had four bottles of water and two bathroom cups full, so I'm at 96oz. I'll probably drink another bottle before bed, and another bathroom cup, so I would say I'm probably going to have 128oz again today. Are we ending the challenge tomorrow (meaning today is the last day it counts) or are we going to keep it going? Amy and I were also talking about each of us chipping in $2 instead of just $1, which would give us a nice $10 present. Maybe a Target gift card?

I did pilates today when I got home from school. My hips hurt when I do the side kicks, but other than that I'm really getting to like this particular DVD. Amy and I were both saying that we need to get back into the swing of things with the exercise, so we're probably going to go back to our original videos. The Jenny Craig "Move and Lose" and "Tube and Tone." Back in the day when we were alternating back and forth between them we were working out at least five days a week, and I think that made a huge difference. Recently we've been really slacking, and our weight has leveled out. *sigh* But we do have to keep telling ourselves that we're doing better than we were three months ago! Like Amy said, we're making a LIFESTYLE change. These have to be changes we're comfortable sticking with even long after we've reached our goals and given up the blog. Although the blog is fun, so we should keep it up anyway!

On a non-weight-loss-related subject...when I got home today there was a stack of catalogues in our front door from the mailman labeled "MAILBOX FULL! PLEASE HELP!!!" oopps. So, in debating what to do for our mailman (who is really nice, btw), we thought we'd give him a box of Girl Scout cookies. Nice thing to do AND contributes to getting rid of our overabundant stash. Is that a kosher thing to do? Are they allowed to accept gifts (esp. in the form of food?) or does that somehow count as mail fraud or tampering or something? What do you think?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Unless something has changed very recently, then, yes, mail carriers can receive gifts. Isn't it traditional to leave a gift for the mail carrier at Christmas (not that I do this, since ours is somebody different almost every day)? I found a website for postal carriers and they have annual thank-you cards for sale for them to give to their route people who gave them gifts or tips. So I think you're OK with girl scout cookies.