Sunday, November 13, 2005

Hmmm...not sure what happened...

I actually did type something in that one post besides the title, but it must be lost in cyberspace somewhere. Oh well. The title was the moral of the story anyways...

So, I've been MIA for a few days, spending bazillions of dollars at the Longaberger Homestead in Ohio. I must say, that certainly was a fun trip. The weather was amazing. The shopping was incredible in Dresden and at the homestead. And the bus trip was organized SO well. I won the cracker basket set on the bus. Sandra won the $80 Christmas basket, and Marian won the darning basket set. Excellent prizes. We were given the medium berry basket for going on the trip as well. We had tea at the Longaberger tea house and I bought this AWESOME fruit tea that isn't really tea--no leaves. It is dried strawberries and kiwi. It occurred to me once I got home that I should have grabbed several packages of it, so I have been scoping that out online today. Sometimes I get so caught up in the moment I totally overlook things like that. I got 2 baskets signed by Longaberger family members while we were at the homestead as well. I can't wait to go next year. Looks like they are shooting for a mid-October date in 2006.

WHile the trip was great, the food was not good food. My water intake was poor because of the 6-7 hour bus ride. I nearly peed myself on the way there waiting for someone to get out of the bus restroom, only to get in there and discover they were doing things other than peeing and it was incredibly unpleasant. I didn't use it again. I did at least drink a tall glass with each meal.

I did walk nearly 6 miles on Friday (just over 11,000 steps according to my pedometer) and I went for a swim Friday night in the pool. Marian & I actually did laps. I am very much considering finding a gym with a pool. Swimming is an amazing workout and you don't get all nasty and sweaty. Then we spent 15 minutes in the hot tub before we went back up to our room for the night.

So, I am home now, and I am getting back on track.

No comments: