Sunday, November 27, 2005

I almost broke my streak in favor of being a slug...

But I didn't. I spent time on the treadmill after diner tonight.

I have some motivational exercise notes to share when I am not too lazy to type them up. I read them in this month's issue of Cooking Light. If you are ever looking for a magazine FULL of yummy recipes with healthy (yet not deprived) eating in mind, check this one out.

Food yesterday was TERRIBLE. We visited my dad in the morning and we had some T-giving dessert leftovers with them. His wife gave me a portion of cranberry apply cobbler large enough for an army. Then we got home and made our turkey and I had a sandwich. THEN I visited with my high school friends and I made the white chocolate fondue and my friend Sarah made a poor man's version of cheese fondue. It was gross. It is gross to even type it out--velveeta (It's not even CHEESE! You don't have to refirgerate it!) cream cheese and 2 tubs of the spreadable sharp cheddar you put on crackers. Blah. The white chocolate recipe Emily sent is what I used, and it had a teeny bit too much butter in it for my tastes. I think milk chocolate would mask the flavor, but in the white chocolate it was very noticeable. I lightened it up a tiny bit with half and half instead of heavy cream too. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I am back on the wagon tomorrow, that's for sure. This holiday was too much indulgence for me. I need to better prepare for Christmas now that I know I do not have the decision making skills completely tuned in for making good choices.

No comments: