Sunday, November 20, 2005

Three days in a row!

I went for a walk again today. It was a slower walk, but I was carrying Cecilia (everyone else had gone out and left us), and I had no stroller or sling, so I got a better upper body workout than usual. I covered about two miles in the 40 minutes. My hips and legs are getting less sore, but that spot on my back is being slow to recover -- the bed here is so firm that my back tends to ache when I haven't even had any unusual exertions. But thanks to Julie's exercise challenge I'm sticking with this. Tomorrow will be trickier -- I think I'll have to try to squeeze it in after breakfast instead of in the afternoon, because mid-morning we're going shopping and around lunchtime Daniel and I are headed out to see Harry Potter (P&P will be on Wednesday), and by the time we get back it will be too late to walk.

Today for brunch I had scrambled eggs, a biscuit half with gravy and half with jelly, one piece of bacon, orange juice, and a piece of a really, really good cheese danish (and then two bites of Alexander's when he abandoned it -- it was really, really, really good). I had very small portions of everything and resisted seconds because I was full, though I would cheerfully have eaten every bit of food on the table. For supper we had spaghetti with meat sauce, and I didn't think I took much but it seemed like a lot more once the sauce was on it, so I left about a third of the noodles on my plate. I had a glass of wine and a mediumish salad. I'm really, really short on fruits, vegetables, and whole grains here -- I get uncomfortable from it (to put it politely). I'm also short on dairy products today -- I'm going to have a glass of milk before bed. I also didn't snack all day (the advantage of being in someone else's house, though some healthy snacks would have been quite welcome) except for chocolates, and today I managed to eat only three. Tomorrow's diet will be better -- I'll be able to have cereal for breakfast, and popcorn for a snack. ;-)

No comments: