Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Whew!

My body seems to know when it's Tuesday and it drops a whole bunch of weight overnight. This morning I weighed 147 even. I suspect that the 148 I weighed yesterday was mostly water retention from eating all that salty bacon! I was just hoping to not be over 148 this morning, so I'm happy with the 147, even if it's still above my November 1 low weight.

Yesterday's food: oatmeal for breakfast, cottage cheese and pears, pretzles, and an apple for lunch, almonds and string cheese for snack, spaghetti and meatballs with spinach salad for dinner. And several lollipops and packages of Smarties after dinner. Why don't I just throw the rest of the candy out? I don't even enjoy it particularly!

I got to the gym in the afternoon and ended up on one of the bicycles since the treadmills were taken. I haven't been on an exercise bike in probably ten years and was worried that I'd discover that all the walking and running I've been doing wasn't really a good enough workout and that these bikes would show how out of shape I still am. But that didn't happen--I set it first at level six then worked up to level eight, which felt pretty comfortable (except the seat height was wrong so I couldn't pedal as effectively as I should have been able to). My heart rate stayed lower than it does when I'm on the treadmill, but it still felt like a good workout. In the evening I had planned to do a pilates dvd but that didn't ever happen--I was madly cleaning house because we have a friend coming over for dinner Wednesday and you couldn't actually see the surface of the dining room table. Plus Connor stayed up until 1 a.m.

112 ounces of water yesterday. I don't feel as waterlogged this week as I did last week--I think I'm getting used to all this liquid.

No comments: