Monday, November 07, 2005

Doomed

Yesterday I stuck to the plan--I ate well all day and kept portions small (egg, toast, tomato, and orange juice for breakfast, yogurt, pretzles, and grapes for lunch, string cheese for snack, and one piece of pizza and a salad for dinner). I indulged in only 12 pieces of candy corn, and I exercised--20 minutes solid on the trampoline (that'll kill you--when I said I'd do 20 minutes, I didn't realize how difficult it would be!) followed by a 10 minute brisk walk so I could claim 30 minutes of aerobic exercise. Then later in the day Connor wanted to go for a walk, so I put him in the jogging stroller and walked and jogged a mile or so. In the evening, Claire chose a pilates DVD as her bedtime movie (two actually--she wanted to do arms and legs), and even though I didn't get the full effects of the workout (Claire had the resistance band (maybe I should add one of them to my Wal Mart list) and hand weights) it still counts as exercise!

And this morning I weighed 149.4. Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh! I guess all that candy finally caught up with me. But why is it such work to lose a pound or a pound and a half a week but so darn easy to gain THREE pounds? Maybe my weight will be back down a bit for tomorrow's weigh-in.

Today's food has been equally virtuous--cereal for breakfast, almonds for snack, three meatballs, half a cup of noodles, and steamed squash for lunch (we're out of yogurt and our leftovers are beginning to take over the fridge). I'm off to the gym now. I've been upping the level on the treadmill and my speed during the running portions recently, but I think today I'll keep the incline flat and see if I can jog the whole 30 minutes.

No comments: