Sunday, November 20, 2005

Deadly Sin Day

Yesterday Katie and I were exploring the finer points of Greed and Gluttony. We seemed to have managed an extremely decadent day. Of course, it wasn't planned - so I am not sure if it counts as a sin. Anyway - after I slept late for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, I got up and.... have no memory of eating breakfast. Oh yeah, I remember, I didn't. Katie had been up since about 8:30 running errands and had just arrived home. I had some re-heated coffee and skim milk and we decided that since we BOTH had a Saturday off we would FINALLY drive up to Forest Heart Studio outside of Frederick to check it out. This is a (sort of) local glass bead supply place. Well, we went hog wild and stocked up on lots of new glass rods and other neat things. We have since burned (literally) through quite a bit of it - having a grand old time.

Once we got home I made us lunch of chicken, with garlic, tomatoes, and shells. Not terribly healthy I am afraid. We also had broccoli and cheese sauce. Then we made more beads.

Katie sang 4:00 mass - and so after church (and a few more beads) we went to Bonefish for a couple of drinks and dinner. We each had a house salad and a seafood appetizer (me shrimp, Katie seared Tuna). After we came home we made more beads and then I read and went to bed. I didn't even THINK about exercising. Seriously - it never crossed my mind.

Today I was again very bad with food. I had coffee for breakfast. THOUGHT about making oatmeal with dried fruit - but settled for Halloween candy instead. Sigh. I made burgers for lunch - and that has been my food for the day. No exercise yet. Maybe I will do that now. I am full still from the burgers - but am kind of craving veggies - so maybe I will start thinking about dinner.

My weight has been going up still. I am thinking it is because it is THAT time of the month - and past due for a while (of course I have never been regular...) It seems that everytime my period takes a long time to arrive, I get more and more bloated. I am hoping that there will be some relief by Tuesday - but I am not couting on it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You forgot sloth--sleeping late and not exercising. Of course, it was pretty industrious to make all those beads, so maybe it all balances out.