Tuesday, November 22, 2005

No weigh-in for me today

I discovered that Daniel's mom does have a scale, but it's one of those rotary-number scales and it's on a carpet so it wouldn't be very accurate, and even if it were accurate it wouldn't be calibrated to my scale, so it really wouldn't tell me anything useful. I'll just have to post my weight when I get back home and can weigh myself on Saturday.

Today we're having a family portrait done and I'm borrowing a dress from Suzanne for it. It's a size 12 and it fits well across the waist and hips (hooray!), though I'm inclined to suck in when I wear it. It's tight across the bust, though. I could probably get into 12 pants, but, frankly, right now the 14s feel perfect, and one pair of 16s I have is still not too big (but they always did fit more like the 14s). I cannot IMAGINE getting into 10s right now -- Katie, you are amazing! (And, Sarah, those of us with baby skin sagging off our fronts will always wear larger clothes and will hide from bikinis. C'est la vie.) I think if I lose all the weight I'd like to lose and get down to the 130s I might wear 12s and get lucky and find some 10 skirts that fit. I have never been smaller than a 10 except when I was 11 years old and had one pair of size 3 pants. Oh, well!

No comments: