Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Another weird week underway

I'm leaving town Thursday and until Monday I had company, so this week is a mess. School is all out of order for Mary and eating and exercise are all out of order for me! I didn't exercise yesterday and given that I barely sat down all day, except to nurse the baby (that's when I did the cruise research to determine it wasn't possible), I don't know when I *would* have exercised. Today is another challenge -- normally I would exercise between piano lessons and swim lessons, but now we've added pageant rehearsals to that slot (starting halfway in between, which is terrible) so I don't know what I can do. And it's pouring so I can't go outside for a walk during the pageant practice. So I'm hoping I can get to the DVD Sarah gave me but it's still a time problem!

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast, some breakfast casserole for lunch, and a very small piece of grilled chicken with a slice of sourdough French bread and margarine for dinner. My snacking was not so good -- I grazed on Halloween candy off and on during the day, and I had an orange creamsicle (or the Kroger generic thereof) after dinner, and I had chips and salsa before bed. I can't recall eating any fruit (except the last bite of Cecilia's applesauce) or vegetables (except the green peppers in the casserole). I had about seven points of water. I think I came in last for the water challenge! The sad thing is that my water was still an increase over previous weeks.

I'm not worried about overeating on Thanksgiving -- my in-laws make "dressing", which is all onions and wet, instead of the nice bready stuffing I like; their vegetables are usually creamed corn and southern-style green beans (which involves cooking them for several hours until they no longer contain any nutrients and they resemble flatfish, in shape and color); the gravy has eggs in it, so I can't bear it, but the mashed potatoes are too dry to eat without it. (And I know everyone else at the table absolutely loves the food, so it's just me being picky, and not actually bad food!) I do love the bread they fix. What I am more worried about regarding next week is eating well during the week -- I posted from my previous visit about how hard it was to come by whole grains -- and getting exercise (but Daniel has promised we'll go walking every day -- I'm going to go by myself if I must).

Oh, I will get some whole grains -- we've got two trips to the movies planned, and that means popcorn!

No comments: