Thursday, November 17, 2005

In Alabamaville...

... and not a minute of exercise to call my own in over a week. Unless you count running up and down the stairs trying to get things done; I did a lot of that this morning. I didn't exercise yesterday AGAIN; I really couldn't figure out when I could do it. Cecilia did not nap all day, except for a brief catnap during school in the morning and 30 minutes in the car while Mary was at rehearsal, and since she didn't nap she was cranky and wanting attention much of the day.

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast, plus lunch of tuna and whole-wheat toast (with minimal margarine), and dinner of two (shame on me) slices of pizza (pepperoni and green peppers). I had almonds and a few packages of candy for snacks. And Daniel brought me another creamsicle after dinner. I don't remember many details about what I ate yesterday, but I know it wasn't all that healthy, and I think it was too much, with too little water.

Today I ate even worse. I had my usual breakfast, and snacks of string cheese and almonds, and for (a late) lunch I ordered a Wendy's BLT salad (no dressing, and I avoided most of the cheese and bacon bits, though it's hard to avoid bacon bits!) and had water to drink. But Mary's Girl Scouts Nuts & Candy order came in today, and we had the snacks on the drive, so I ate several small handfuls (handsful?) of cashews and far too many chocolate covered raisins (which sound healthier than other candy because they're raisins, but 1/4 cup has 210 calories and 8 grams of fat!). And I ate a handful of plain raisins. I drank part of a Diet Coke on the drive, too, because I was starting to fall asleep at the wheel, and Wendy's had accidentally given us this extra drink, so I used it for the caffeine. (About a half of a soda is as much caffeine as I can manage.) I used to like Diet Coke, back when I drank it all the time and got used to it, but it's been ages since I drank it and now it tastes terribly salty to me, and not at all sweet, oddly enough. But it did the trick.

At dinner time I was hungry but not feeling all that well, thanks to the cashews (I should quit at ONE small handful; more than that sits heavy on my stomach), so I ate a small portion of a macaroni casserole (macaroni, peas, some reddish sauce (probably tomato sauce), hamburger, and velveeta -- not my style but pretty good), several chunks of melon, and a plain biscuit (which finally succeeded in settling my stomach when the other foods didn't). And water to drink again. I've had several gazillion more calories today than I wish I'd had. Ugh.

Tomorrow I have to drive Daniel into Huntsville first thing in the morning for his visit to UAH, but when I get back I plan to head straight out for a walk (well, I bet Cecilia will need me first, but THEN I'll go out). Maybe I can make a morning walk part of my routine here -- I'm so glad to have a week without school!

No comments: