Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Me too?

Oh wait...I wasn't at Emily's this weekend...

I am up to a horrible 166 this morning. I am certain part of it is water retention--yesterday I drank 72 oz of water at work plus a cup of hot chocolate and I only went to the bathroom once. I had another bottle at home last night and some diet soda with dinner. I am pretty sure most of it is still hung up inside me somewhere. My water intake has been waning...I lose interest in the plain stuff and just haven't made it to the store to get something more interesting.

Food yesterday: cottage cheese & pears, banana, orange, carrots, campbells vegetable soup, chips ahoy crisps, some trail mix and veggie chicken fajitas with a small spoonful of spanish rice. I actually planned the day so I ate something small every two hours. I am going to try it again today, although Joe made me this icky tuna fish sandwich for lunch that I may have to toss in favor of some soup from somewhere.

Also I am getting sick--a sinus infection. I can hardly turn my head and my ears feel like they may explode. I get the worst sinus infections.

Oh! Here's a fun fact for you that I learned in Dresden: some baskets are what they call "lefties." Anybody know what that means??? Sandra & I didn't until a lady in one of the shops explained. (If you want to search for the answer, stop reading because I am going to tell you what they are...)

A leftie is when the top splint around the rim of the basket points clockwise. It is because the weaver was lefthanded. The majority of weavers (obviously) are right handed, so those top splints point counterclockwise. I am proud to report I own 3 lefties. And yes, I ran right home and checked once I knew what it was. Lefties are worth more money to collectors. I think I may be a little obsessed with baskets. What do you think???????????

No comments: