Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's all about the food

It's Thanksgiving Day -- that's for eating too much, right? I was just celebrating the holiday in proper form. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. For breakfast I had a sausage link, a biscuit with jelly, a doughnut, and a small glass of OJ. We had dinner at midday, and I had a lot of turkey, and some mashed potatoes and gravy (smallish amount of both), dressing (which I genuinely enjoyed -- Daniel's mother said it's the first time she's *ever* made it, since Grandma Gunn always did it, so she had to guess at the recipe, and she definitely did something right), green beans (Southern-style, of course. Hmph), and a roll (with butter -- it's Thanksgiving, after all). Then I ate a lot more turkey. I had a piece of pecan pie later in the afternoon and I snacked on numerous chocolates much of the day. At some point I had a glass of milk. In the evening I had a glass of wine, and around 9 or so we realized we'd missed supper so I ate a couple of small pieces of turkey, a roll, and a small slice of pecan pie again! So it was too much food but I enjoyed it thoroughly, and tomorrow we'll be on the road so I won't have so many snacks on hand and I will get my usual salad at the fast food places. (I'm proud of myself on that front -- I haven't had a burger and fries at the fast food places we've gone to since the diet started, and honestly I haven't missed them.)

I did get out and walk today, around 11 am. I only went 40 minutes even though I would have had time to do more; my enthusiasm for walking alone is really starting to wane. I don't know if I'll be able to walk before we leave tomorrow, but I suspect not, and it will certainly be dark when we get home. I may have to commandeer the TV after we put the kids to bed so I can work out that way. It will be nice to be home again, though I've been spoiled by having built-in babysitters so I can go exercise when I like!

I hope some of the rest of you post so I know I'm not the only glutton today!

No comments: