Saturday, November 19, 2005

It's been over a week....

....since I did a Pilates workout. I know I said I would do one last night after being thwarted all week, but the evening just zipped by. After I got the kids to bed, I realized it was 11:00 and I was exhausted. So I went to bed. I overdid it at the gym yesterday, too. Last week I got to the point where I could run a solid 30 minutes on the treadmill, but only with it set to no incline. Yesterday, I set the speed for running again, but set the program to random (so you get a bunch of hills of varying height) and the level to five. I was going along just fine until about 30 seconds from the end when I began to feel awful--turns out my heart rate was too high. Next time I'll try a more gradual approach! On the other hand, I burned well over 300 calories in just those 30 minutes, so I can't complain.

For lunch yesterday I had leftover chicken kebabs and rice, so I skipped my afternoon snack since that's more lunch than I usually eat. Dinner was breakfast--I made scambled eggs and waffles (I only had one) and then I realized at bedtime that I had left the frozen waffles sitting out, so we ate them again for breakfast. Lunch today was a fluffer-nutter--I got marshmallow fluff for the kids, but it turns out that they don't like it, and I hate to see perfectly goo marshmallow fluff go to waste (not that it would--I think that stuff could make it through a nuclear attack untouched).

My exercise so far today has been raking the yard--I did all of it myself (took about an hour or so)--six enormous piles of leaves and I know my heart rate was up and that my arms will ache tomorrow!

I had a brief glimpse of 145 on the scale this morning--it flashed on 145.8 before settling on 146 even. That was kind of exciting; like Julie, I hope I can keep it up (or down) until Tuesday!

No comments: