Sunday, November 27, 2005

Claire the personal trainer

Brian didn't get home with Claire until well after 9:00 last night. By then I had given up on going for a run, so I had pulled out Claire's jump rope intending to use it five minutes on-five minutes off for a while. I had just finished the first five minutes when they got home, so as soon as they were settled, I put in a pilates dvd. Claire was right there beside me the whole time, making sure my legs were up high enough and my back straight enough. I don't know if that was what she intended, but that's what was happening. Then as that dvd ended, she handed me my hand weights. I told her I'd just do some free weight exercises, but she really wanted me to do the upper body pilates dvd, so I ended up doing that one too! So I ended up with 45 or 50 minutes of exercise yesterday

But other than that burst of activity, I was pretty much a slug all day. Surprisingly, I ate three decent meals (a rarity on the weekend for me)--cereal for breakfast, chicken, vegetables, and rice for lunch, soup, crackers, and spinach salad for dinner. But I snacked on way too many chocolate chips and nut-free fake m&m's (and no healthy snacks at all).

Today I skipped breakfast in our rush to get out the door for church, then when we got home, I turned around again and went out grocery shopping. I got home from that a half an hour ago and really need to eat something--it's 3:00 and I haven't had a meal all day. But I did indulge in a candy bar while grocery shopping--they are just sitting there by the checkout looking tempting and convenient!

My weight has been dropping alarmingly over the past couple of days. I was 145.6 on Friday, 144.4 on Saturday, and 143.2 today. I think the reality is probably somewhere in the mid-144 range or so--I can't imagine that today's weight is anything more than weird hormones or cortisol levels or whatever it is that makes your weight fluctuate so much!

No comments: