Saturday, November 19, 2005

Ow, ow, ow!!

Today my hips and legs were stiff and I had a pain on the right side of my back, but I made myself go out for a walk in the hopes that everything would loosen up. About two thirds of the way through the walk I realized the reason my back hurt so much is that I walk on the left side of the road and it slopes down from the middle so that my right leg was hitting the ground an inch sooner than my left. I switched road sides then to even it out but I suspect I'll be sore there for a couple of days. The stiffness was just because I'm not used to walking hard. I still did a 40 minute walk today but it was a teensy bit shorter in distance than yesterday.

For breakfast I had a small apple-cinnamon muffin and one piece of bacon (yay me -- only one!), plus a half serving of raisin bran with milk, and some OJ. Lunch was late -- tailgating food -- and I had two small chicken wings, some corn chips and shrimp dip, and a few slices of cheddar cheese. And a beer. For dinner I had a small piece of steak, a smallish salad (with dressing), and a baked potato with the skin. I ate five chocolates today -- that's kind of scary, considering that was with lots of resisting because I didn't want to have to report a high number; how many was I eating when I didn't count? But I still didn't overeat today. I can't weigh myself here -- I'll just have to motivate myself in other ways and hope for a good number when I get back on Friday.

Way to go, Sarah and Julie! Glad you're seeing such good numbers!

No comments: